This program utilizes intensive therapeutic
intervention in an environment that is familiar and comfortable for the
client. This treatment approach typically involves the entire
· Intensive therapeutic case management, and structural family therapy to improve family functioning and to reduce risk factors in the home.
· Assistance in identifying, assessing, and prioritizing family problem areas and strengths, as well as alternatives for dealing with the problems and building upon the strengths.
· Referral and linkage to community resources for current and long-term supportive services.
· Services directed toward the prevention of out-of-home placement, juvenile detention placement, and / or negative living environments.
· The program is a community funded services with no direct cost to the family.
Families Who May Be Eligible:
who are struggling to maintain a positive living
· Children who have repeated juvenile justice involvement and are at risk of a long-term placement in a juvenile detention facility.
· Children who are in need of intensive home-based services in order to make reunification with their parent(s) / caregiver possible or are at imminent risk of removal from their home into an out-of-home care setting.
Criteria For Referral
· The child(ren) and family are residents of Marion County
· At least one parent / caregiver acknowledges the problems and is voluntarily willing to participate in the program
· The family must be willing to commit 6 to 10 hours per week for 90 days to engage in treatment
· Cases must be either new or ongoing / active cases with the Marion Area Counseling Center, Inc.
· Parent(s) / caregiver must exhibit a potential for making changes in themselves, their family and / or their environment.